STH can provide detailed Rain Water Harvesting specifications, application engineering, project budgets and training to owners and engineers for your specific Rain Harvesting application.
Harvesting rain is a practice that has been around for centuries. Cisterns and other rain harvesting systems are widely used in Europe, Australia, India, the Bahamas and countless remote countries – many who depend solely on rain for day to day life.
When water supply becomes limited, practical solutions can fill the gap. Rainwater harvesting systems provide storm water runoff containment while simultaneously storing water which can be used for irrigation, flushing toilets, washing clothes, washing cars, pressure washing, or it can be purified for use as everyday drinking water.
COMMERCIAL, MILITARY AND INDUSTRIAL BENEFITS OF RAINWATER HARVESTING
- It is free; the only cost is for collection and use.
- It lessens demand on the municipal water supply.
- It saves money on utility bills.
- It makes efficient use of a valuable resource.
- It diminishes flooding, erosion, and the flow to storm water drains.
- It reduces the contamination of surface water with sediments, fertilizers and pesticides from rainwater run-off resulting in cleaner lakes, rivers, oceans and other receivers of storm water.
- It can be used to recharge groundwater.
- It is good for irrigation and plants thrive because stored rainwater is free from pollutants as well as salts, minerals, and other natural and man-made contaminants.
- It is good for laundry use as rainwater is soft and lowers the need for detergents.
- It adds life to equipment dependent on water to operate, as rainwater does not produce corrosion or scale like hard water.
- It can help achieve LEED Green Building Rating Credit.
LEED CREDITS ASSOCIATED WITH RAINWATER HARVESTING
- Water Use Reduction
- Water Efficient Landscaping
- Innovative Wastewater Technology
- Stormwater Design: Quality Control
- Stormwater Design: Quantity Control
- Innovation in Design
Every rain water harvesting project is different and STH can provide you choices and solutions that can be tailored to suit your specific application and needs.